Welcome and congratulations on your engagement!
I’m Karol Jorgensen, Marriage Commissioner appointed by the Government of Alberta to perform civil marriage ceremonies. These ceremonies are provided as an alternative to religious or church services.
I would be honored to provide a personalized service that reflects your love and commitment to each other. My passion is to provide a ceremony that celebrates who you are as a couple.
I am available for bookings any day of the week and can provide the ceremony in a variety of venues and settings:
- Within Olds or surrounding municipalities.
- Rural locations – a community hall, on a farm or acreage, by a lake or river, any public place.
- I can officiate small quaint ceremonies to formal weddings.
- Outdoor weddings are wonderful, don’t forget to organize a ‘Plan B’ venue due to weather in Alberta!
- Elopement can be done on quick notice.
- Legalization of the marriage prior to a destination wedding can be done informally or in a variety of venues.
- I can supply witnesses if needed.
- Renewal of vows are a symbolic and sentimental ceremony that can be provided in a venue of choice; no legal paperwork is required.
- I am able to travel if you have a special spot in mind.
My time with you includes:
- introductory meeting
- creating a personalized ceremony
- providing resources for readings, poetry, special ceremonial rituals
- officiating the ceremony
- signing your registration of marriage and submitting it to Service Alberta
- providing you with a Civil Marriage Statement
- providing you with a keepsake copy of your ceremony